Dear Uterus, You’re Fired.

You may also like...

11 Responses

1. Pam Weeks says:

Hugs, cousin. I’ll keep you in my thoughts tomorrow. Good choice and you’ll be fine!
    Love, Pam

2. Margaret Bernberg says:

Hi Sierra, I wish you all the very best with your surgery. My mother had what you had-from a young age and was only too relived to have that surgery.
    Thinking of you, big hugs, Maggie

3. Christy says:

Sierra, wishing you a speedy recovery after tomorrow. You are such an inspiring person. Thank you for always being real!

4. Deborah Coconis says:

Sierra, I wish you well! Please make sure they do not use morcellation as part of the removal procedure. It likely is not what they do, but good to check they don’t. If there are any cancerous cells in your uterus, morcellation would spread them. I had a laproscopic hysterectomy and oophorectomy due to uterine cancer. As you wrote, keeping your ovaries is beneficial. You will do fine and have a wonderful, worry free/pain free future!

5. Dolores says:

I’m praying all goes well and that you have a speedy recovery.

6. Kerry Hayes says:

Sierra,
    I had similar symptoms due to uterine fibroids. In August 2012 it made it impossible for me to go to work without worrying, as you say, about bleeding through all barriers in a 5 minute time frame. Although I am very opposed to organ removal I quickly decided I had no choice and out it went. It was a full hip to hip incision for me but I still say good riddance! For more than a year after my surgery every morning I step into my closet to get dressed I was grateful for the decision made.

7. Cassandra says:

Wow! At one point I had flash backs of my childhood. My mom, at 38, had a hysterectomy due to heavy periods. I remember one time we were on vacation, at a hotel, and waking up with the bed soaked in blood. I guess I knew at the time the issue, so I didn’t freak out, but just remember thinking “OMG, they are going to think we killed someone here!”

I can’t say you have it easy, but easier then back then. After three C-sections, for my mom, they went in through the same incision for the 4th time. Then I remember jumping on her bed, at home, after surgery, while she was laying down, and the bed stats fell off, sooo her mattress hit the floor. Ouch! Sorry mom.

You’re in my thoughts, as in I hope you don’t go stir crazy from not being able to exercise. 🙂

8. Nadia says:

Oh my gosh!! I hope you are doing well post surgery!! Definitely sounds like the right decision. Thanks for sharing this private and important topic.